Saturday, August 22, 2009

The tale of X and Y

X and Y are 2 people in a relationship. It can be any relation- siblings, lovers, parent-child, friends anything. Y means far more to X than Y realizes. X remembers every conversation and every joke shared with Y. X values all the opinions that Y has. It really matters to X what Y thinks about X.
And then, one day, Y does something that may be a small thing for Y , and an insignificant thing for the world but is a big thing for X. X feels hurt. X wonders-why did Y do this? If only it had not been Y.......
Even if X confronts Y- Y wouldn't understand- coz Y doesnt know and Y may not care. And then X has to reconcile itself- "This is my problem, not Y's problem. For my perspective about this relation is very different from Y's"
After that, X changes, and the relation changes, but Y doesnt know and Y may not care.
How often have we been X?
How often have we been Y?
"For the world you might be someone, but for someone you might be the world."

7 comments:

  1. Lovely post Shweta...
    Reading that made me go through memories I have been 'X' and also when I have been 'Y' and later realised that I was a 'Y'

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Y doesn't care, X should stop expecting things from Y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When any change in X is not going matter to Y in anyway, why should X change himself/herself in first place? If X cares so much about Y, if X loves Y so much then I believe it all has to be unconditional. I never realized this before reading this post. Thank you. I remember myself being X a lot many times and now I know, it's good being X (not that it's bad being Y). X can keep valuing his/her relations without any expectations. It does not hurt and there's only peace.

    Cheers. Keep creative juices flowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Subtle way of putting up the intricacies of relationships. Plus, it really makes you reflect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well i can say..... If X cares so much about Y, he shouldnt mind this minor mistake by Y.

    Anyways who are u? X? or Y?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been both X and Y in different situations.... I think that is the case with everybody.. Once you experience being X you regret being Y

    ReplyDelete
  7. And sometimes X doesn't know how much Y feels Sorry for that problem!!! :(

    ReplyDelete