Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In Retrospect

2010 - its been a year of change for me. I had to cope with a lot of change on many levels in the past year. I completed my graduation- so there was this whole college to workplace change. I also ended up traveling a lot. In the past year I have been (for short and long spans of time) in Mumbai, Goa, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Delhi, Kanchipuram, Trichi, Rameshwaram and ofcourse Pune. In the last 3 months I have been in and out of flights every weekend.
But never did I feel lost or not taken care of. By God's grace, everything was arranged for me everywhere. In every place, I met people who cared. People I could connect to, people with whom long lasting friendships have been made.
And I met kind people across all levels. Not just my colleagues and friends, but even among the driver, cook and general help category. I have a whole bunch of 'bhaiyyas' across India now.

I look back, and I see God's hand in every aspect of my life. I was ungrateful sometimes, and I protested in my heart when somethings that were not immediately palatable happened. But in retrospect, there never were any problems. I learned a lot about myself and I have improved as a person and overall I had a great time. :)

I look ahead with optimism knowing that 2011 will be a great year too. Just heard a great song on 1st Jan - I guess that sets the theme for 2011 for me.

Colours, colours, Krishna's colours
Fill my life night and day.
Up and down the roads of life,
Krishna's painting all the way
Krishna's brushes and Krishna's paints
On the canvas of my heart
Throw away my brushes Krishna,
My life is your work of art.

3 comments:

  1. very true! it's god's will everywhere in our lives and no doubt - given your beliefs - you must be among the happiest persons in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @m-
    I can hardly claim to be the happiest - far from that. Far, far from that. I am just trying to be satisfied with my life.....

    ReplyDelete